Have a look at the images below from Hometown Hockey Magazine.
What do these numbers mean? What do they represent?
What can you infer from the pie chart?
Don’t forget to vote for Chatham for Kraft Hockeyville! CLICK HERE!
Middle Block: Math
Practice, practice, practice. We must “master” the skill of adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions. Please complete the pages attached here.
If you get stuck, check out all the videos from Mrs. D here:
Last Block: Science
Please read the following two sections about “conduction”. The Check Your Learning are great question prompts to test an elbow partner.
If you finish the above, please continue working on your Rube Goldberg projects. Please email me with an update as to where you are with the project.
Have a great day!
Task for Today:
1) Read aboout Mr. Goldberg here – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg
2) With a partner, describe the energy transfers shown in this picture – one of his original cartoons.
3) Watch the video below:
4) Create the cartoon version of your machine. This will be presented to the group.
5) Continue working on the machine.
In this post, we are going to determine plausible sizes of a Super Mario pipe. Let’s look at the curriculum expectations for grade 8 math:
For the purposes of this task, we will use Super Mario 1. Familiarize yourself with it below:
Although the graphics have improved, the character sizes have not changed. Mario is estimated to be 155 cm tall (5’11”) and approximately 200 pounds.
1) Estimate the height and weight of the remaining characters.
2) Based on the data above, estimate the dimensions of the pipe pictured here:
3) Considering Bowser must travel through these worlds, determine the volume of these pipes. How much space is there inside to allow Nintendo characters to safely travel through them.
4) Looks like the pipes need some work. How much paint is needed to re-coat this pipe once?
5) How tall is the flagpole?